View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: X80-BK on a Murray Beach Cruiser - Starting issues and fuel problems. PLEASE HELP

This is actually a very simple fix, if you have fuel dripping out of carb anywhere above the float bowl line, you have one of three problems plain and simple, either the float level is adjusted wrong, or the needle and seat are not holding a seal when the float raises up in float bowl, or the float itself has a hole or crack in it allowing fuel to leak in and make it to heavy to float in the fuel.

You said you know for a fact that the float is good, so either you are not adjusting the float level fingers the wrong direction or the needle and seat is not holding a seal.

There is nothing else and I mean nothing else that could be causing the problem you are describing, these are very simple carbs and its almost impossible to make them not work on an engine if the float level is correct and the needle and seat is working like it should.

I know I'm whipping a dead horse here because I have said nothing here that has not been said already by myself and by almost everyone else who has posted in this thread, I say all this to encourage you to look closely at what we have said here and thoroughly check the needle & seat seal and make sure that with the carb upside down that the float is not sitting with what will be its top edge below the height of the main jet that sticks up through the middle of the float.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!