View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I took the Huffy wheel off the cruiser to inspect the bearings and true it. One of the bearings was shot, I replaced it with a spare. I did true the rim, though it was nowhere nearly as badly warped as I had thought. I trued it anyway, in order to get better tension on the spokes. It did not take very much at all to get good tension. I put the wheel back on the bike and test drove it. I would not call the wheel good as new, but it will survive a few trips back and forth to work until my Sportsman adapter arrives and I swap this wheel out for a wheelmaster wheel. I did figure out the source of the problem, though. It was improper cone adjustment causing my wheel to lean to one side and rub the frame, and eventually causing my bearings to self destruct. Oh well, live and learn. The wiggle is still there and I am still unable to determine exactly what is causing it. Luckily, I do not have to use this wheel much longer and I have spare bearings in case I should have another failure before swapping out rims.