Thread: Good Afternoon
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Good Afternoon

I am new to the site as well but have been building the bikes for a bit and have done about 25 so I can give you some insight. I find the best frames to use are the Nirve or Electra but can be expensive unless you find one that's been not kept up. By that I mean the seat and fenders and paint are not in the best shape and the tires and wheels might be worn. I did a Norco Santiago which is their cruiser style and it was very solid and picked it up for $75 here in Canada which is a great price. I've used the Walmart Huffies and Schwinns and they are okay but if it's your own bike why not spend just a little more and get something top quality? I find that the build project begins before you get the bike and hunting down that jewel in yard sales or being first on the Craigslist ad is part of the project. I also had a history in muscle cars but now on a disability pension I stumbled on the motorized bikes and fell in love with them.Both building and riding. A great outlet for creativity and riding and you don't need to have money. I started with $300 and own 3 really nice bikes and manage to make a few hundred extra dollars a month to supplement my pension. This site has taken my knowledge to much higher levels by just reading the different threads because there are some real good builders posting here. Anyway, enjoy your build.