View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 08:23 PM
2door's Avatar
2door 2door is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 16,222
Default Re: Gas tank / Petcock questions

Check with the vendor you bought the tank from first of all.

Externally threaded petcocks have been used for years on motorcycles. You might want to check a local Japanese motorcycle shop if the seller of your tank can't help you.
If you're fortunate enough to have a motorcycle salvage yard in your town you might find one to fit there.
Typically those types of valves (petcocks) have a reserve position with two inlets in the tank.
If all else fails and the bung isn't internally threaded you could run a 1/8" pipe tap into it and use a standard NPT petcock or use a 10mmX1 tap and use a kit petcock with a gasket.

Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"

Last edited by 2door; 08-05-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Reply With Quote