Thread: AMF Roadmaster
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 08:21 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: AMF Roadmaster

Originally Posted by dracothered View Post
Well the yahoo's over in don't think it's cool the way you and I agree about this little bike. The back wheel is a 20" x 4 1/4" and has a 3 cross pattern on it. I notice that the Worksman doesn't cross under the last spoke and with what you said make sense about that.
I can't say that my AMF Roadmaster/Tomos marriage was much celebrated there either. I should never have invited them to the wedding. I think mostly there are different mindsets. One is a kind of reverence for manufactured rides as opposed to ones freely fabricated by the owner. Another is a kind of agreement that the AMF Roadmaster was and is a joke. Anyone who says otherwise is breaking ranks. But the joke is on them. Let them compare their Tomos which is just like the next guy's Tomos, congratulating each other on their excellent taste. And it's OK. We're just made differently is all. Their stock Tomos or Puch doesn't exactly generate excitement on our forum. To each his own.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...