View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Fred's (Cr Machine) motor Ordered!

Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
I have that same valve on one of my bikes and it flows great just fine.... scratching head.

let me ask you this... if you disconnect fuel line from carb and open the valve does fuel flow out in a steady stream?
If it does then unless you have a venting issue in the tank you should not be having any issues getting enough fuel to the carb. if it does flow good from the valve and you are running out of gas while riding I say its a carb issue, maybe float level is set to low in the carb and the fuel supply isn't getting replaced quick enough. I'd do the flow test if you haven't already and if it it flowing good I say pull carb and check float level, that could very well be your problem.

Oh by the way, I hope you have filter oil on that air filter.... cloth filter do not filter out dust and dirt if they're not oiler, they're like almost running no filter at all if they're not oiled well, I use K&N filter oil, or you can find it at motorcycle shops normally, they're is oil for the foam filters and for the cloth filters, the oil for the foam filters is very sticky I don't use it on cloth filters, just thought I would mention this in case you didn't know.

say that the tannk isnt vented which i thought would be conaidering its built for motorized bicycles, how would u go about trying to vent it? open the cap a lil bit? there is a seal on the underside that when i first recieved the frame it was stuck on the fuel hole as i took off the cap, drill a hole thru that? ill check th float as well.

im sure the filter does, but not sure. all i know is when i take it off there is some oil on thr inside but not like my old low profile filter i ran on the stock ht, that thing woukd soak in oil and id have to wash it once a week or twice