View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Fred's (Cr Machine) motor Ordered!

Originally Posted by dumpstercrusher View Post
yea I'll def check the auto store since there is a couple around the area and maybe lowe's. Okay so here is the pic of how long my fuel hose is now that I was talking about earlier. Don't mind the smashed air filter lol I had to make room for the hose. Still works too!

I have that same valve on one of my bikes and it flows great just fine.... scratching head.

let me ask you this... if you disconnect fuel line from carb and open the valve does fuel flow out in a steady stream?
If it does then unless you have a venting issue in the tank you should not be having any issues getting enough fuel to the carb. if it does flow good from the valve and you are running out of gas while riding I say its a carb issue, maybe float level is set to low in the carb and the fuel supply isn't getting replaced quick enough. I'd do the flow test if you haven't already and if it it flowing good I say pull carb and check float level, that could very well be your problem.

Oh by the way, I hope you have filter oil on that air filter.... cloth filter do not filter out dust and dirt if they're not oiler, they're like almost running no filter at all if they're not oiled well, I use K&N filter oil, or you can find it at motorcycle shops normally, they're is oil for the foam filters and for the cloth filters, the oil for the foam filters is very sticky I don't use it on cloth filters, just thought I would mention this in case you didn't know.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!