View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Fred's (Cr Machine) motor Ordered!

Nice looking bike, your biggest speed killer in my opinion is the stock exhaust pipe you're using, I don't care if it has a hole in it or not it still take lots of power away from these engines, biggest power and speed robbing thing you can have on one of these HT engines in my experience, my oldest bike had a free flowing exhaust I had made up on it and it cruised really nice at 30mph, I took that exhaust off and put a stock pipe on it that was completely wide open inside, NO cat junk in it at all just open chamber and the cruise speed dropped 5mph instantly on this bike and the low end power fell of dramatically, stock pipes suck all the way around in my opinion, put a SBP expansion pipe or one of the JNMotors expansion pipes or something that you can match port the exhaust flange to the engine with that isn't so restrictive and you will see a big difference in power and I'll bet you'll see a few mph top speed increase also, I did on all mine when I got away from the stock pipes.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!