Thread: I'm a rich man
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: I'm a rich man

Originally Posted by biknut View Post
I like to use electrical contact cleaner to quickly, and effortlessly remove grease and grime from my bike. It doesn't harm the paint, but the downside is, it's a little expensive. The cheapest I've found it is at walmart.
I've used the electrical contact cleaner myself, but as you say it is a bit expensive, a little bit of gas and a small paint brush works great for cleaning also, used to have access to some drip gasoline and used it all the time for parts cleaning, brush it on fairly liberally and then blow alll the grime of with high pressure air works great but now I just buy the Johnsens carb cleaner at a local Big Lots Store for $1.80 per can and I think it$2.50 per can for the brake cleaner, when I go I normally get 6-8 cans of each to put on the shelf.

Dupli Color, VHT and the Alkyd Enamel paints at Tractor Supply work great for me and when good and dry nothing seems to affect them.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!