Thread: New!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: New!

Originally Posted by tim turbo View Post
Hey, Phluxx good to see another Minnesota guy on here! Where abouts in Mn. are you ? Welcome.
Up in Duluth!

I got the build up and running for the first time last night. Today I was daring and tried to take it up to work, but didn't quite make it. The chain gained a LOT of slack to the point where it fell off and or jumped a tooth inside of the drive sprocket casing (not sure if I'm using correct terms).

I thought I had the slack figured out on the chain.. around 3/4" when the wheel was at its most forward position. Is that correct? I'm not afraid of taking out more links, only afraid of taking out TOO many!

Also, my throttle seems to be fairly loose. I ended up using a brake lever that I picked up from a bike shop for $3 to run the throttle cable. The adjustment screw on the top of the carb is set to the max to try to tighten up the line... Is there anything in the internal carb structure that might be allowing too much slack? Spring seemed to have enough tension.

The blocks that I made it around so far have now created an addiction to this hobby. I can already hear my next build calling me....