Thread: that look
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: that look

Not too many adults where I live have likely ever seen so much as a picture of a vintage motorbike. So they have no clue what to make of my bike. But the kids out here in my neighborhood seem to love it. They love to pedal alongside me, so I keep my speed down a bit and I try to school them in bike safety. But now and then, if the way is clear, I wring her out a bit.
One of my daughters' little friends saw the owner of the blue Victory getting his 'cycle ready, and she went over and was telling him how very fast my motorbike was. Of course that guy (and I) knew the Victory would totally smoke mine. But he just smiled and nodded as this little girl bragged on me. He looked at me; I shrugged; he shrugged and smiled. Then we kinda rode our separate ways.
Non sequitur: I seem to be the go-to guy when the local kids need bike repairs. I like working for kids, they seem so appreciative.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 07-23-2013 at 09:04 PM.