View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Well, things worked out. I took the old wheel up to the bike shop. I was going to hop the bus, then decided to take the car instead. Scored almost an hour and a half someone else paid for on a parking meter three doors down from the store. That let me check a few other bike shops in the area while I waited for them to swap my cassette to the new wheel.

I ended up buying a new wheel, even managed to get a 36 spoke instead of the 32 I had. The old one's on the rack in the garage, I can always strip it for spokes if/when I need them. The rag joint went together smoothly, the wheel barely argued going back into the dropouts. I was using an axle mount kickstand, but I left it off this time and am trying a center stand. If it doesn't hold up I'll switch back.

Took it for a quick test, and it's good. Nice to have a solid wheel under me again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New 36 spoke wheel next to old 32 spoke wheel.jpg (212.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Old 32 spoke wheel.jpg (188.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Rag joint lines up.jpg (147.9 KB, 26 views)

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser