View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Fred's (Cr Machine) motor Ordered!

Originally Posted by hsvmick View Post
glad all working out for you maybe the 75 jet will work well with a nice chamber and a 36 or less drive and i would look careful on the tensioner or change it using the decompression valve
yea im excited to get my sbp expansion chamber so i can retune n really see what an exhaust will do. i havent had any problems wit the tensioner consider ive rode it, my 160 pound friend rode it and my 265 pound buddy riding it while using the compression release. But hopefully it does not break or i have troubles lol

Originally Posted by Robby View Post
Dumpstercrusher, I also bought a 'built' engine and it has been the most reliable part of my bike. The standard Chinese accessories that came with it fall very short by comparison. Slowly replacing them!
It sounds expensive in comparison to an eBay kit, but if you count the custom machining, assembly, design and overheads into it, it is dirt cheap and could only really be done as a labour of love.
I'd do it for a living if it were otherwise.
glad to hear man! this is exactly why i wanted a professional built motor to make it more reliable with less headaches. I will say this though, i really like the dellorto carb because it was easier to tune and i had no air leaks considering how it mounts to the intake manifold