View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: motorized bike review after 1000 miles

I run WOT on all my bikes all the time, many miles actually way over 1000 with no failures on any of the three I have right now, I blame most of my success on not doing things fancy just doing them right and making sure things stay secure, my bikes stay filthy with dust and dirt all the time, they might get rinsed off once a year maybe, I use dry film lube or maxima chain wax on my chains and as you have said I also clean them ever now and then with a heathly spray of cleaner, I use brake cleaner and when chain dries I relube it.
more fuel = the cooler it will run to an extent, fuel and of coarse cooler air passing over engine is what cools the internals and externals of a 2 stroke, well tuned carb, high quality oil mix and good exhaust is key to a good running long lasting engine if the engine isn't a lemon from the get go, best of luck with your builds and glad this one has worked out so well for U.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!