View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 02:35 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Fred's (Cr Machine) motor Ordered!

Originally Posted by bigbutterbean View Post
Sorry, but I have to say this. Crimeny, $650 for a worked over china girl! For $25 more, I can get FIVE whole kits! For another $125, I built a 98cc cruiser! with motorcycle forks and a Worksman front drum, no less. I'm not criticizing you for paying that price, dumpstercrusher. I understand that you want quality and I sincerely hope that you get it. I just cant believe that this is a motor only going for about what it cost me to build my first two bikes. For that money, I hope this motor lasts you 10 years no matter how hard you abuse it.
lol its okay, I know other people would think this is stupid of me. So is buying a motor for $900 or close to that, but I do like the idea that the motor was taken apart and then put back together instead of just taking a motor you buy from a china factory and putting it on. My previous motor still crapped on me and had 120 miles on it. At least with this motor I know I'm getting what I paid for and coming from a car modification hobbist I guess, this money is pretty much nothing except maybe a new clutch for my car. Plus as a bargain, $650 for a pretty much built motor sounds soo much better than a $5,000-$6,000 built motor for my car. Keep on riding!