View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: spedo/odometer question

I live in central Texas from now till September it will be triple digit hot almost every single day so I deal with some heat here as well, these speedos have held up good for me here, if the bike sits in direct sun for a while the speedo face will dark n and seem a little dicey but as soon as I get going and it cools some its right back to perfect, display on these is plenty big to see clearly at a glance.
I trid the analog stuff thats being sold today and they failed within just a few miles plastic stuff startex falling off, lens cover popped off, dial indicator hands cam off just n ver worked on any of my bikes, that sucks because that is actually what I would rather have.....
I do have an old Stewart Warner analog speedo that is currently on an old excercser bike that is made for use on a 26" wheel, it is all metal and has all metal gearing so I plan to remove it from exercise bike and use it on one of my future builds, im thinking it will likely hold up just fine.
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 06-26-2013 at 09:41 PM.