View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: New member needs help w/ 48cc 4-stroke (chinese)

Originally Posted by Bikeguy Joe View Post
If the gasket is in one piece, you can usually re-use it. Don't get carb cleaner (the soaking kind) on anything rubber! Including O-rings and gaskets.
Thanks for the warning, but I have enough general knowledge to know better. I went shopping today, and couldn't find the same type of battery. I'm going to have to order that. Might as well get a new gasket since it only adds $3.30 to the order.

I'm about to remove the jets and float for soaking. How crucial is the depth that the jets are screwed in. I have the feeling I should try to re-install it to the same depth.

Originally Posted by fairracing31 View Post
Thanks Joe for the reminder

No I am not positive that the red botton is igntion on/off...but it still could be turning the key on may only give you power to the starter, and not turn the ignition on. Or does it have reverse?

Also some of these will come with a governor for younger kids to keep the speed is also possible thats what the red is for. Or it could be a high/low for the transmission.
I think it might be reverse...and perhaps the warning symbol means do not try to start the engine while it's in reverse...just guessing.