Thanks a lot guys! Sure! I'm happy to share!
Near as I can tell, the Murray Valiant is a replica bike most likely from the ninties. Bought it last week, paid too much, and have only begun to identify its issues.
1) Loose steering head
2) front wheel bearings 'grinding' (perhaps overtightened)
3) rear wheel loose all over
a) axial & lateral play on bearings (perhaps loose)
b) loose sprocket
c) bent rim, loose spokes (not too bad)
d) mismatched hardware/improper washer stack
4) seat tilt is tight but won't stay
5) fenders fore & aft loose; bent attachments
6) handel bar alignment
7) suspension spring bolt over tightened (into the bracket) missing nut
8) Misc; peeling stickers, corrosion (minor), filth...
These are first approximation issues, I've yet to do much more than pedal around the parking lot.
I have access to great quantities of Aeroshell 22 grease, donít remember the MIL Spec, does anyone know if this will work on bicycle wheel bearings? High temp/ high pressure.
<Pictures when I learn how to add them>