View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Wanting to do something different

Originally Posted by xseler View Post
Has anyone tried running a 26" front and a 24" rear wheel? Kinda make it look like a dirt bike.......the 24" wheel should give a little bit more low end ummph for an off-road setup.

Just typing out loud..........
Yep, I run the 24" rear wheel on my oldest build and run a 32T sprocket on it, works great, the engine is the weakest one I have with no mods to it accept a home built exhaust and a well tuned carb and it will cruise nice at 30+mph and top out at 39mph.

in the pic if you look real close you can see the Aluminium angle I used to make brake extensions so that the brakes for the 26" wheel can still be used on the 24" wheel without having to relocate the brakes mounting spot, its a bit crude and I plan to make changes to it in the future but it was a quick fix/rig to get it on the road with a rear brake, if you use a coaster brake wheel and dont use a hand brake of coarse this will not be of interest to you, but just thought I would add what I did in that case so that question would be answered in advance if thought of by someone.

as you can see my bikes stay on a dirt road a lot since I live several miles from the nearest town, always dirty and used well.... just part of country living...LOL!

Hope this answers you question.
Peace, Map
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old Blacky 1-2-28-2012.jpg (324.8 KB, 51 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!