View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 02:01 AM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Default Re: Why shouldn't you buy a China-Girl?

I have built several dozen of the ebay chinagirl kits so I have some experience with them.
I'm not going to argue quality with you on china girl motors as my opinions are well documented elsewhere in my reviews and comments.
I feel obligated to point out the broken case looks like a classic example of a too-loose chain catching on the case upon starting, so it is possible this particular problem was your fault rather than the manufacturer or materials.
Not throwing rocks, just pointing out the obvious. There is no doubt you got a bad motor from the pics of the top end. No new engine should look like that inside before it ever starts. Yours looks like someone blew it up and returned it and the vendor sold it to you again afterwards.
Looks like you got a bad vendor and that sucks. Not all vendors are bad. Don't condemn the entire industry on one bad purchase.
I have personally been very unhappy with bikeberry and yet had great results from sub $150 ebay kits. Best advice I can give is listen to what people say about vendors and do some homework before your next buy and you should have a much better experience.
You CAN get a good kit cheaply still, you just need to be careful who you buy from.
I learned my lessons about buying cheap long ago and this is why I don't get burned as often anymore, but it is always a chance you take buying online.
If you like these motorbikes, don't give up.
They can be serious fun if you approach them in the right mind.
If more is better, then too much is just enough.
If you can't afford it, build it yourself.