View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Default Re: Two items that could save your life

Originally Posted by muddybike View Post
First off I have to agree with other posters knock it off with the oversized blue txt pls.
Second while I do agree the hub adapters are very nice to have I don't think they are mandatory in anyway shape or form.
Oh and I have the kip tentioner and I think it 100% overprice garbage I so wish there was some kind of return policy for junk.
The included spring is way to soft and fails quickly.
When I think of how I spent over 100$<with shipping> on that and how that is 1/2 the price of a new kit , and or 1/2 the price of a shift kit it makes me /facepalm.
Junk junk junk
There I feel better.

I simply stated the parts described are not NEEDED, simply because the stock stuff works fine if installed correctly. Newcomers to this forum who read posts like this will go spend the hundreds of dollars because they read it here. Then they get upset when they still have issues and are now out hundreds of dollars anyway. This leads to hard feelings about motorbikes and a lost new rider.

Newcomers to motorbikes do not yet have the experience to understand which parts are truly needed, so telling everyone they NEED something they do NOT is simply rude and misinformative.

Lay off the "You MUST have these parts" posts and simply state your opinions.
If more is better, then too much is just enough.
If you can't afford it, build it yourself.