Thread: Powder Coating!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Powder Coating!

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
This is no joke. Several years ago we had a new member post a photo of his engine asking why his carb leaked. It was installed upside down. I can only imagine how much trouble he had getting the throttle cable to work and connecting the fuel line but he did it. The problem was that pesky fuel leak that he couldn't seem to figure out.

All kidding aside, your powder coat does look good and as you said, it is a bullet proof finish, if done right, that will last and look good for a long time.
Thanks for sharing.

Man I really feel bad for that guy. I have seen a couple things myself that I have questioned, the advertising for motorized bicycles really makes it sound like a simple process I have young guys in their early twenties asking to buy my bikes all the time so I talk to them first to make sure that they are aware of all the things, starting with finances, that come with this awesome hobby. Usually by then end people are turned off by the idea of how much work they would have to put in but I have had a couple of successful guys pick up the trade and take some year old projects off my hands.