View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

If your like me and running a stock gas tank have probably had " The bumpy road gas spilling out of the sealed cap blues" like I have as well well after painting my tank for the third time and having gas splash out of the sealed cap AGAIN.. I looked up ahead at the remaining 2 miles of bumpy road ahead of me and I got tired of that splashing gas b.s.

And as we all know "Necessity is the mother of invention"

I took a sock right off my foot placed it over the cap and cut it . so there was only about an inch of material around the protruding fill hole. Not above it as small material may fall in tank causing an unwelcome pluggage" Then I made a few passes around the sock top with some electrical tape & put what was left of my sock back on my foot.." it was cold out" replace the cap on the tank and presto.. never had a drop splash out again and its been around 6 months since i've done it & I only wanted to get the 2 miles down the bumpy road I also drilled a hole into the cap "off of the tank of course" slipped a rubber grommet in it and then stuffed a rubber hose in that... for a vent