View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
It was another great ride to work. However, the pullstring jammed as I prepared to leave my workplace. Removing the pullstart to repair it, you can imagine what happened.....BOING! The clockspring popped out. Reassembling the pullstart was an exercise in futility for me. Luckily, my family happened to be a few blocks away. I secured my motorized bicycle onto the bikerack and went home with them. Fortunately, I have a spare 47R in storage. The next morning, I visited my storage locker, retrieved the pullstart, then my wife dropped me off @ work. At day's end, I installed the spare pullstart and enjoyed another great ride home.

Honey, it's just a bicycle. and i REALLY need it to excercise, and to ride it to work.(hehe)
Grind a small notch in your flywheel to allow you to use a knotted rope for emergency starts. Just wrap around the flywheel and pull like the old style engines. Notching a fin is easy and hardly visible.Carry a spare rope in your tool kit for just this emergency.
Did this with ALL my fourstroke Karts and minibikes for years. Got me home more than once.

Just be SURE the rope releases from the notch when you pull it! Otherwise things can get ugly and dangerous!
If more is better, then too much is just enough.
If you can't afford it, build it yourself.

Last edited by maniac57; 05-24-2013 at 06:40 PM.