View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by dodge dude94 View Post
That's basically what the box-supplied stuff is: thick innertube. I'll mess with it sometime this summer I imagine.
you could also use a more substantial shim to fill the gap although i wonder how strong and stable a rack like that will be with only one anchor point, i'd think you'd be safer with any kind of load if you had a rack that had supports that mounted at the dropouts as well so you'd have 3 anchor points.

...i'm actually considering this one but i haven't pulled the trigger yet because of the price. ...i like that it's rated to carry up to 77lbs though so i imagine i'll get it at some point, lol.

Originally Posted by dodge dude94 View Post
You replace the wire too? The factory wire is crap as I found out when putting on my Bosch wire...
...and yeah man, you can't use the stock wire with an upgraded plug because the stock plug has the tip removed leaving a thin threaded rod that the stock boot attachs to, the stock boot is too small for an upgraded plug.

peace, bozo
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." -Thomas Jefferson