View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hello, New Hobby or Headache?

you're welcome man, i'm still new at this whole thing myself and i went the more expensive route and had Pirate Cycles build my bike for me so i'm fortunate that i'm already riding.

...i'm also too new to know why the Super Rat would be superior to the standard china girl but my bike has a stock china girl on it and it runs like a champ, ...i only have 72 miles on it so i'm still breaking it in but i took it out yesterday and took her up to 33.86MPH, way faster than i'd expected! regardless of how your dispute goes you can always make the best of what you have and just mount it up and go for a ride.

btw, i've read many posters advise a tear down and reassembly of the motor before installation to be sure the motor has been assembled properly, ...quality control isn't a high priority at these chinese factory's so it's probably best to not just trust that it was put together with any degree of care.

peace, bozo

oh yeah, l chose that name to keep me humble and i chose the quote to justify my life-long civil disobedience, lol.

...another btw too is that the more time you spend on this forum the faster you'll learn how to do all this stuff without help, precisely because there is so much help to be had here that it still boggles my mind! ...there are so many gifted builders sharing their work here that it's like, well, i for one am truly grateful to be able to lurk and study and learn at their feet, as it were.

...and i freekin' love riding my new bike!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." -Thomas Jefferson