View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Hello, New Hobby or Headache?

Hey, Bozo.

Thanks for chiming in with some reason and encouragement. I couldn't help but smile when I read your name and saw that pic

I hear ya about not giving up so soon, and I agree with you. I did put a lot of time, thought, and research beforehand into this purchase and I just hoped against the odds it went smoothly the whole time. We are talking about just barley under $200 for my motor kit purchases I have been referring to and then the ~$200 for all the extras from other vendors, and I mean everything from a helmet to a spare spark plug anything to keep me from getting stuck somewhere broken down, and its all in the mail already so can't undo that.

But when I opened that box on Saturday and saw I got that I was sent a standard Grubee Skyhawk GT5 when I had paid $48.60 more for the Super Rat which is up for sale on the vendors site I purchased it from, which now I am learning has been off the market for some time. After all that I am left with a bad taste that I can't shake. The motor was the centerpiece of everything and the bad news really killed my ambition.

I have been requesting a refund for the price difference of the two models but the vendor wont have it. They say that I made the order knowing that I wasn't going to get the product shown on the page and I knew I was paying $48.60 more to get the same exact kit others paid $149 for. No luck, now its up to them and the bank to sort out.

BTW, I love that quote.