View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

Lord Vader is the byest! :-)

Folks here at MBforum are Not real stuffy or anything, we'd all like you to get the best exposure so you can get best results, quickly.

It would be to your benefit to describe in best possible detail which motor you are using!!! and which carb... all the information you can provide for our top notch guys to consider.

The manifold to cylinder gasket is generally marginal, and usually mis-aligned and should always be inspected on a new motor. I think a gasket sealer product should be applied to it and the port should be inspected for garbage left from the manufacturing process before re-assembly. (there is usually some sort of discrepancy)

The carb mounting to the intake spigot is usually where the problem lies.
...a couple different styles of O ring are used, and it is easy to get them installed poorly.
The carb Must be tight up against them!
I also advise some sort of goop on this connection.
Do Not overtighten the carb or it may break!
....intake manifold bolts are usually too close to the tube/runner tract, andsmall, or modified washers must be stackedon the stud so a nut can be put on them well.
Throw away any acorn nuts that come on your motor! :-)

Yes, SuperDave is right... rain probably won't cause too much of a problem, even though it would not be advised. :-)

And all this is IF you do have a chinagirl !!!

My goal is cheap, reliable, personal transport, below the tax collector radar. Fun counts for a lot!