View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: neigbors call the cops!

Originally Posted by Genisisonyx29 View Post
so someone in my neighborhood call the cops on me! lol. so i hadnt even been riding my bike yet before the cop showed up (boy was he a typical merced pd **s whole! haha). so i had just recieved some new parts and i was putting them on when i noticed a cop pull up to my house. i step out the garage and say "hello officer what can i do for you?" (im on probation so i'm always on my best behavior around the fuzz lol) he said to me "im gonna need to take a look at ur motorcycle." i said "what motorcycle?" oops big mistake, because he thought i was being a smart ***! he said "then whats that over there" with some attitude. i brought the bike over to him informed him that it wasnt a motorcycle it was a motorized bicycle. this bozo couldnt even find motorized bicycle in his handbook... so i got the cops called on me for riding an illegal vehicle on the street, and also a noise complaint. i explained to him our and he didnt like it one bit.. he lectured me on why it wasnt safe. i said to him, "you know you ride a motorcycle? those arent any safer either." he didnt have much to say about that lol.

so basically this guy was uninformed on these bikes he had to let me go. after i put my bike back together i rode all through my neighborhood for about an hour with the baffle taken out.
Since you weren't seen my the cop riding your bike on the street there wasn't much he could do other than talk tough to you.

California has laws for motor bicycles so you better make sure you know what they are and follow them, because I think you'll be needing to pretty soon.