View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Controls for MB

RH- Throttle grip and a break lever like usual (I'm guessing this is usually front break?)
This would be correct. Some people use thumb throttle vs twist

LH- Lever for clutch? (twist grip selector if using a 3 or 5 speed hub?)
Also correct, although if using a thumb throttle on right, you can keep the twist shifter on the right.

Do a lot of motorized bicycle have no operable clutch? Meaning it makes engagement by itself and opens by itself?
Most, if not all the 4 stroke kits do have a centrifugal clutch. You can also get these clutch types for some 2 strokes but I do not know how they work

If you had a rear drum break would you use the above and make LH lever the break? Can all of that even fit on the axle with pedal and drive sides?
They make dual pull levers that can have 2 cables run to them although some will not recommend them (potential safety issue). As far as fit, look here. http://www.sportsmanflyer.blogspot.c...rake-hubs.html

What about power for lights from the engine, how could I do that (with a dynamo hub? do I "need" a rear break?
That would work or go with rechargeable battery. can run a brake light off front brake lever.

What about taking out the pedals entirely, or is this to get on the moped/motor cycle designation?
Check local laws on this.
EZMotorbike Dealer in Sault Ste Marie, MI