View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 PM
pdog's Avatar
pdog pdog is offline
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: ct
Posts: 15
Default Re: Hey from Berlin!

sorry to here about the law...Subaru makes a 33cc engine I believe its still available but more expensive than a Chinese style 50 the USA the law changes from state to state and Im lucky my state department of motor vehicles says that my bicycle with a "helper motor" or Moped can be 5 brake horsepower or less and have a 26 or 27 inch minimum seat height to ride on just about every street except for our interstate and maybe some other major highways.. and you only need a driver license for that--no plates/registration or insurance required. .my 50 cc is so fast that I need a longer straighter road to want to test my top speed comfortably and safely or the first time as my road is maybe a quarter mile and in a rough c should move here for the better moped laws and we could race!!
Reply With Quote