View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Many questions, wanna make a purchase!

Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
The vibrations should be minimized, when RPMs get minimized through a smaller sprocket.
(One of the reasons I don't want a 41T sprocket...)

I understand most men can't maintain 30MPH (never said he was able to), however, most men can ride 30MPH, even if it is for a short time.
For the bike, I don't think there's much of a difference between riding 30MPH for one minute, or for half an hour, as most of the bike is solid fixed, and very little screws can come loose.

As for the frame, beach cruisers have very solid frames. Some mountain bikes also come with big bars.
The fixie bike, or sports bikes may be too thin though...

The Chinese bikes of today,are about as good as the middle class bicycles of the 1980's made in Europe (or USA).
They have more comfort for lower prices, but generally the frame is a little less good.
IMHO most of what you said above is just wrong. The motor is going to vibrate, ever run a china girl 2-stroke before? It's gonna vibrate! Most riders that pedal don't hit 30MPH, Walmart bikes were NOT designed to ride at 30MPH. Theres IS a HUGE difference between hitting 30MPH for a second and sustaining that speed for ride after ride. Not only can things vibrate loose, search the forum and read about cracked frames, not to mention failed bearings and breaks not up to stopping your once you are going 30+MPH. The idea that a cheap chinese bike is as good as a mid grade bike from Europe in the 80's is a joke IMHO. I don't know how old you are, but I was riding bikes in the 70's and 80's and things were built way better back then, the quality of metal alone is of a different class, metals and welds coming from China these days are not up to par compared to what was manufactured back then. Ever heard about the bridge in Cali (I think San Francisco) that they bid out to china, when received and assembled it wasn't strong enough to support the weight it was rated for. Read up, thats a BRIDGE, something that is critical and must be up to strength, not just a Walmart bicycle!
Again, not trying to rain on your parade, but I honestly believe you are off base with some of your assertions here.