View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Greetings from PA

Thanks BBB for the info. Now the question remains, how do I install DOT approved lighting, or more specifically, how do I power it. Also, how do I set up a brake light? Are there any kits available? I have a battery operated twin bulb headlight that I replaced with LED bulbs, and I have been researching how to power it with the white wire from the ignition, supported by a 6v 4.5a battery, but I'm a bit stalled there because my knowledge of electrical systems doesn't quite equal my mechanical aptitude... It's my understanding that the white wire puts out AC current, not DC, so there would have to be a transformer of some sort to switch it over to DC.. But I don't have a clue how to do it.. I can rebuild an engine blindfolded, I can make damn near anything out of metal, but electronics confuse the crap out of me..
Hitting it with a hammer is easy. Hitting it in the right spot is hard.

Somewhere there's a guy who can break ball bearings in a sandbox with a rubber hammer

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. C.S. Lewis

Last edited by pharside; 03-19-2013 at 02:46 AM.