View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Question Noob Army tech, I've been bit by the motorized bicycle bug

Like the title says I'm a SSG in the Army and my MOS is mechanic. I got a Micargi Rover NX3 for Fathers day last year. Now I've run into these cool machines and I've been bit by the bug. From what I've read already I see I need to ditch the front and back rims and get some high strength rims and a standard Shimano CB 110 or 110E so as to use the MM adapter. I don't want a race bike but dig the rat rod look and the red rim and white walls hooked me to these bikes. If any of you guys have built one of these frames. Please let me know what forks I can use and what rim and tires you used. I like the quality on the jakebikes site for motor kits but am open to suggestions for all things when it comes to mount and chain clearance ect. Again I'm a noob and here in Buffalo NY, down the road from Tonawanda GM powertrain and Ford stamping we have a large hotrod scene here. My brother is a boilermaker and owns a tube bender and one **** of a welding kit. We both are looking forward to your input We dig lowrider bike, but this is a new barrel of monkeys.