It's taking quite a long time for the clear to cure, seeing as it gets down to 20F at night, and only up to 50F during the day. Oh well.
So, last night I found that neither my wife nor I are any decent at pinstriping. Tried to use a nice bright orange to outline the flames, but it just wasn't going to work. I ended up using a black sharpie, lol. Didn't come out perfect, but it came out better than the orange paint would have.
I was going to install the bearings and spindle last night, but after I had cleaned and greased the bearings, I found that stupid me got paint and lacquer on the threads of the bottom bracket. Then I dropped the bearing on the dirty floor. Ugh. So tonight I have to try and scrape all that crap off the threads so I can install the spindle. I would like to install the cranks and fork as well if I can.
It's really hard to get a decent pic of the nice sparkle to the paint with my current cheapo camera...
Here is the tank and other pieces soon after being cleared. You can see my crappy Sharpie job, but it's better than the alternatives.