View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: WOW ! I thought I was on my own...

Had a test fit of the CG front wheel today, it looks waaaay too small in there so I Brit-chopped all the spokes off and measured up for a nice big 19 inch rim, I had a meeting with the wheel builder and decided to go for the stainless steel rim an spokes, he'll get back to me tomorrow if theres any problems getting them so fingers crossed there. Looks like its gona cost me 90 for the rim, 70 for the spokes 12 for delivery an 35 for the building of it, then I just need rim tape an a tyre.

Before It went off for rebuilding I gave it the once over with silver spray and laquer an it dont look to bad now, I got some ally off cut at another engineers in Skelmersdale for the new wheel spacers which I'm going to attempt to make but had to also commision a new front wheel spindle as the original is 2 CM too short in the new girders (I've no idea how much that will cost :shock: ).

The best news of the day came when I got an three day early call from another engineer who was straightening my bent frame with his 30 ton press,................. Its all straight now and all for a not unresonable 40,