View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 08:02 PM
The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Default Re: The Happy Time Teardrop Tank Is Not Flowing.

Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
Thank you both for responding with excellent suggestions. I will check on them all.

Ted might be right about air blockage in the lines. When I filled the tank for the first time, literally not a drop of gas flowed into the filter for hours. If it needed a suck from the engines like comfortableshoes suggested, the gas would have at least drip into the filter's neck and sat atop the paper element.

I don't think there are any air leaks and definitely no fuel leaks. All fuel connections were so tight I had to use thread sealant as a lube to push on the fuel hoses. All three tanks are vented thru their caps. The teardrop tank is vented through the keyhole in the locking gas cap. I gave it the "suck/blow" test.

At least I can use the teardrop tank as a storage tank and siphon to both engines' tanks until I solve this problem.
So you can get fuel through the filter to the end of the fuel lines at the carbs? The reason I ask is that it would be very easy to plug the lines with sealant using it as a lubricant. For lubricant I usually use spit.

If you do have flow at the carbs can you plug one line at either carb and get it to feed to the other? There might be some kinda fluid dynamics mumbo jumbo keeping a dual siphon from working normally.

I wasn't born in Texas but I got
back here as soon as I could.

Help support the forum.
Donate today.