View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 PM
VIKTR VIKTR is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 193
Default Re: What got you into all this trouble?

I'm not going to beat a dead horse

You can read through if you want

Or you can just look here

A "motorized bicycle" or "moped" is:

A two or three-wheeled device, capable of no more than 30 mph on level ground, and equipped with:

– Fully operative pedals for human propulsion.
– A motor producing less than two gross brake horsepower and an automatic transmission.
– An electric motor, with or without pedals for human propulsion. (CVC 406(a))

Driver must have a motorcycle license (M1 or M2).

A “motorized bicycle” is also defined as a vehicle with pedals and an electric motor (not more than 1,000 watts) which cannot be driven at speeds of more than 20 mph on level ground even if assisted by human power. (CVC 406(b)).

A motorized bicycle is issued special license plates and identification cards, which requires a one-time $18 fee. No renewal is required.

Unless you're running electric, you need a license
Reply With Quote