View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Thumbs up Re: Crazyhorse's Custom Motorized Bicycle Builder build a shop with Harbor Freight To

Steps to Build a Custom Bicycle Frame

Before you start on your endeavor of making a custom bicycle frame, you must consider the fact that you need to be adept at tasks such as cutting the metal and welding the different parts together. If you are not skilled at tasks such as these, then you need to get the help of someone who is skilled enough to help you. ie your local welding shop
Here you can with patience learn to build a your own bicycle frame as it is the easiest to build. In order to build your very own custom bicycle frame at home, there's a small list of things that you must have.

See post #9 of this thread for more details.

Think before you act on creating a custom build, like others have suggested this is serious / dangerous to be cutting / fabricating / welding if you don't know what you are doing.

Like BarelyAWake said in post#11
Grab a tool & set fire to stuff, it's the only way to learn... just remember to watch your fingers, if it doesn't look quite right it isn't & there's isn't anything that can't be done better the 2nd time around. End Quote.

P.S. If I hadn't of removed those training wheels on my first bike from childhood. Don't be afraid to try, it's the only way to find out if you can do it that is build your own custom bicycle. You know it's a good thing to be able to ride without those training wheels, I'd most likely still be riding with them on my bikes if I hadn't tried and learned that yes I can ride without them!

So be safe and take it slow and do your homework get some experience / skills / practice and start building and customizing your bike.

Remember this thread is to help get you started, with cheap inexpensive tools.
Notice: It was forum member Graucho, who inspired me to start my own Custom Builds, using the same tools he purchased inexpensively.

Still not a believer see Graucho's thread Super Fat Chopper Bicycle, there he list's his build and source list for his super fat chopper build! Link below is to main / first page of the thread.

See Graucho's,
Build / Source / and Tool List for his Super Fat Chopper Fat Tire Bicycle below it's on page 4, post #34 of the thread.

P.S. Builders check this thread for in depth info for Horizontal 4-stroke Honda crf50 Pitbike / Dirtbike / Atv engines:

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.