View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Had my little putter for a year now...

Wow, ma'am, I'm sorry but still not following you. The pedal side chain/gears have no impact on how the engine drives the bike other than when starting the engine. Typically a lower gear makes it easier to pedal up to speed to start the engine but after the engine is running and the clutch is engaged the pedal side chain/gears should have no effect on how the engine pulls the bike. In fact after the engine is running you could essentially remove the pedal chain/gears and the bike would still be propelled by the engine.
In some cases where the engine is not running correctly or producing enough power, you might have to pedal assist it but unless you are ascending steep hills or have a small rear sprocket, pedal assist shouldn't be necessary. If, as I said, if the engine is running right.

The magneto cover and the wire entry point should be sealed with a silicone sealer to prevent moisture from getting to the Magneto. Even in high humidity, if sealed, that area should remain dry. I'd suggest replacing your magneto coil. It looks as if it has seen better days.

Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"