View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Thumbs up Re: Crazyhorse's Custom Motorized Bicycle Builder build a shop with Harbor Freight To

Originally Posted by Maxvision View Post
I HATE Harbor Freight.
Whenever I go in there to buy one thing I walk out with ten!
DITTO, Max! Gotta get your hate on for Harbor Freight.

Some pic's of the $9.99 4-1/2" Angle Grinder Item# 95578 and the $350.00 Tig / Arc Welder Item# 98233 for those of you who'm are contemplating, Custom Building Bicycles.

Here's an inexpensive 4-1/2" Angle Grinder, I buy these a couple at a time! When on sale for $9.99

Here's my inexpensive $350.00 Tig / Arc Welder Item# 98233, and my lil Mig $1,750.00 more expensive toy a Millermatic 211 MVP.

I gifted my Harbor Freight 90 Amp FCAW Mig to my brother.
I have to find a pic of it to add here.

I buy a lot of inexpensive stuff for Custom Building Bicycles from Harbor Freight Tools, even if most of it is inexpensive Chinesium. I also have many tools which I use heavily (for which I have large collection of Craftsman, MAC, Miller, Milwaukee, and DeWalt), there are many things I do infrequently or lightly enough that a cheap tool is a valuable addition to my Custom Cruisers Bicycle garage / shop.

For anyone reading this who isnít familiar with Harbor Freight Tools, they are a company in California that imports and sells via catalog, internet, and retail stores a variety of inexpensive Chinese-made machine tools, hand tools, and hardware. Their catalogs are legendary for being frequently published with utterly disorganized pricing. It is common to receive two catalogs the same week showing the same item at different prices. In fact, it is very common for the same item to be shown in a single catalog multiple times with multiple prices. But such is the price you pay for being able to buy a $499.00 240 Volt Inverter Tig / Arc Welder with Digital Readout Item# 98233 . (Yes, I own one, bought on sale for $350.00.

Much of the stuff in the catalog is so poorly made that it will break or simply fall apart after a few uses, hence the very economical inexpensive tools that will pay for themselves. However hidden in there are some true STONE COLD BARGAINS. Eventually in due course Iíll try and write about the good ones Iíve found.

P.S. Builders check this thread for in depth info for Horizontal 4-stroke Honda crf50 Pitbike / Dirtbike / Atv engines:

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.