View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: RAW the best?

Originally Posted by Creative Engineering View Post
Yes...Yes, In the shop you can make proper parts that drastically improve these kits.

So far I've had four from Bike-to-moped, (Chris in Kalamazoo), One from BGF, and two unknown...we bought them from an end-user that didn't need them.

I have no idea which Chinese factories any of these came from. Further more I really don't care.

The engine kit from Chris, (Bike-to-moped), worked great!

I disassembled the BGF engine for I have yet to run it.

The Bike-to-moped kit was installed with motor mounts we machined in the shop...And of course the clutch actuator. A few custom parts make all the difference in the world!

I've never cared what comes in the door as far as a kit, because I can make any part of it that looks a bit flaky.

Jim I like to read your Quote's, Since we have both been in the same occupation. I was a machinist for over 35 years for two different companies and have required some nice machines and alot of tooling over the years. Now I have a really nice SMALL shop to make about anything I need for these motorized bicycle kits. It is a blast making things for myself for a change. I have been having alot of fun with this winter build. I was originally going to build it to sell after the contest, but I am afraid it is going to be a keeper. Have to sell one of my other ones.