View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Looking for a sporty motorized bicycle

Glad to have you on the site! Sorry about your wreck, but glad you are healing well. After 5 years of not riding a motorcycle, I just picked up a new CBR250R a couple weeks ago for commyting duty, loving being back in the saddle. Hopefully you will be able to ride again soon, should you choose to!

I am sure some of the racers on this forum will be able to answer your question better, but I dare say that they would not recommend a Walmart bike for an aggressive build. I think it would be tough to get your knee down (without crashing) on a bike that does not have a really good suspension, and even then not sure how feasible it is on bicycle tires.

What motor are you going to use? You mention "powerful", so I am assuming it is not a China Girl, so maybe something like the KTM clone or a Morini? You have to make sure the frame and wheels will withstand the power, and better brakes you have already mentioned.

Good luck, and I look forward to your build thread!

BTW, you are lucky to be in SoCal (for many reasons, I love it out there), there are a ton of great motorized bicycle builders around you. Depending on your budget and whether you want to go through the build process yourself, you might be happy with a pre-built Boxer if you can find one!

Last edited by maurtis; 01-30-2013 at 01:11 PM.