View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Thumbs up Re: Emergency Kit Thread

Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I'm new to gasbikes, and was looking around before I started a thread on this. Should summer ever come, I intend to ride this bike on forest service roads. There are many that are closed to autos but are very passable in my area. Gonna end up camping, I know it! I'm good to go on personal survival, my question is: Planning to go far, trying to keep it light, and wanting to eat your cake too, what do you carry in your repair kit? 2 inner tubes- not just a patch kit? Etc etc. I'd like to hear from everyone- carry nothing to carry half the shop.
MTB Moto- I like that list. "a few spark plugs"? I've got a 49cc 4-stroke with a Grubee stage 3 gearbox, do I need to do that? Some

Not bagging on 2 strokes, they do foul plugs at times, 4 strokes less chance, but from years of racing Motos I always carry at least one spark plug and wrench, anything beats walking out.

A spark plug is usually very simple to get at and change, so first line of attack when my motorized bicycle or Moto dies is to check for spark, having a wrench and new plug is perfect. Small and easy to store. I throw mine in a plastic bag so it doesn't get wet.

I guess I could add carrying a little extra weight in... better than pushing a lot of extra weight out!

Let us know how your trip goes, we can always learn from others experiences!

Remember... it was "Two Bicycle Mechanics" who taught the World... "How to Fly"

Last edited by MTB Moto; 01-25-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: add input