View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 45mph at ~7600rpms

Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
These numbers sound about right to me. I very seldom spin it above 6-6.5k. This may explain why I get such trouble free service out of my kits. I know I've never seen one yet that was happy spinning anywhere near 8k. I've always wondered how a perfectly balanced china girl engine would feel.
2-strokers power better at low RPM's where 4-strokers like the high revs for the power band.

If you want to see perfectly balanced high performance 2-stroke motors look at large scale model airplane motors, not enough power for real speed on a motorized bicycle without gears but pretty cool.

kerwin50, Jackshafting a motor kit with a shift kit so it uses the pedal gears really isn't something for a first time builder, it costs as much as the whole motor kit itself, and no picnic to attach right either.

If you can pull it off right however gears change everything, even just a 3-speed hub. If you have ever drove a manual shift car picture a 3-speed car but you are always in second gear. It sucks off the line and tops out too quick. That is a stock direct drive MB.
KC's Krusiers Builds