View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hi from Illinois

We have seven guys who show to almost everything ,and around twenty at the most MAYBE once a year! We do a run every sun during the season and try and do at least one club road trip. Wed night is bike night at my place and after three years we have a pretty nice shop set up . So far there are three IL chapters and the start of one in WI. But its very informal so far ,the only rules are ,show up sober(ish),build and mantian your own bike ,dont be a ass$&(:!?
Summer nights are a good time when we do a pub run and we always draw a crowd.
The diff guys have pretty well covered southern WI and northern Il. And every couple years we try and get all the chapters to meet in darlington WI . Thats a great town and always a good time (were going again this spring)
The forum is a great place to get a club going as you know if a guy is serious or not and can get to know someone a little before they just show up!
We meet filestyle down in decatur for one of his rallys after talking on the forum and it was one of those once in a lifetime trips ,we still talk about it years later .
Those guys meet us in darlington the next year and same thing!
I would love to grow to a statewide org. Someday ...
we few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
for he that shares the road with me shall be my brother. be he nare so vile this ride shall gentile his condition . and pedestrians now afoot will hold there manhood cheap when passed by a motor bike geek