Thread: Hello all!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hello all!

Spring fork yes ,seat post no..i think they lead to broken spokes on rear rim.
I would slime the tubes and your gona need some tools for bike and motor.
Deff. Have a good light system, just off the top of my head i'd bett you can use the strumey as a charging circut for light. It will be a trickle charge but prob work?
As for routeing and maping its all in the prep work .i used to cross wisconsin back in my peadling days and always had a better time when i had done some recon before hand and knew were i was at all times. Dont trust any thing electronic to work 100% bring a map!
Some paneers are a must ,and a good lightweight bivy setup . Don't forget to bring a hamock ,there a wonderfull way to catch a nap durnig a rain break and keep you off. The ground 24-7 .
Prob most of all have a good bale out plan ,tell family were your off to and check in reg.
Theres like a thousand things and its a little overwhelming at first but some plaing at home goes a long way on the trail.
Lucky you have a leg up i never had ,the forum , good advice and potentialy some riding partners or help in case of mech prob.
Hope some of this is helpfull ,i be glad to help any way i can . Good luck
we few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
for he that shares the road with me shall be my brother. be he nare so vile this ride shall gentile his condition . and pedestrians now afoot will hold there manhood cheap when passed by a motor bike geek