View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 4 stroke appearance

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
Jim C,
Until someone builds a 4 stroke with a cylinder that slants in the right direction, not vertical or slanted to the rear, I'm with you. I've yet to see a pretty 4 stroke install. They all look like lawn mower engines bolted to a bicycle.

If appearance is more important than some other factors I haven't seen anything that compares with a nicely detailed Chinese 2 stroke.
I'm currently into a new build and I seriously debated going the 4 popper route but in the end decided on the good old HT because the bike is being primarily built for looks.

Someone, a family member who lives in Florida, recently told me he had an engine that was made by Briggs that was a 'V' twin 4stroke. He said it was a 5HP water pump engine that he gave away to a friend who was planning on putting it on a bicycle. I've researched and found nothing about a 4 stroke 'V' twin ever being made by Briggs & Stratton. Maybe he was mistaken about the manufacturer or the fact that it was in fact a 'V' twin cylinder engine. Now that is a 4 stroke that I might consider.

have you looked at the B&S Vangaurd engines, they are a V twin. but, they are not small, 13 horse is the smallest they have in production now.
that effin moon kid

LabRat that golden pos ya got with the homescooled monarks

coated pistons