View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: The worst ripoff guy on the PLANET

Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
I personally wouldn't take it as a compliment, ebm. That's incredibly shady and pathetic. They have every right to be upset.

I'd be pretty ticked if I put lots of hard work, time, and money into developing a product only to have someone a) buy them from me and resell them at a higher price without my knowledge/permission, and b) have them buy one and supposedly send it to China to have them make knockoffs.
You're right....I would be livid. Although I can not speak for everyone, but I have developed some products for the club wear. They were mini back packs that had LED lights that would light to the beat of the music that was playing. It felt great to know that I developed them and my wife wore a different one everytime we went out. Someone ended up seeing them, then they copied, then sold them to others. I was livid at first. Then I realized as Jim had said that it was only a matter of time until someone would copy and profit from my hard work. I sat back and thought of how much enjoyment I had with developing the back pak and how much I enjoy seeing my wife and friends wearing the back packs. Someone in China is now manufacturing them for a company based in New York that is owned by a guy who saw them on my wife and had talked to me about it. I purchased one of his back packs and found that my product was better in quality. I am selling them now and although his back pack are cheaper, I can customize mine for each induvidual. I'm no Versache or Prada, but I am proud of what I have done and have actually been kind of thankful that my idea was stolen. Otherwise my merchandise would not have had the exposure. I can not patent my products but Jim and Pablo certainly could.

There is no moment like the now moment.