View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Ludwig II's Avatar
Ludwig II Ludwig II is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: New, lostand confused

If it has an engine in the whole of the UK, it's a motor vehicle. 50cc and less than 28mph is a moped, over either of those it's a motorcycle. SVA test is needed, and it's not that bad, just make the bike MOT worthy, there is info on the VOSA site.

You need to get the VIN first, then the SVA test, then tax, insure and go. Licences, I got mine so far back it was written on tablets of stone, so I have no idea what the rules are these days. Check with a traffic sergeant at your local nick, they tend to know what's what far better than anyone else.
Reply With Quote